Prepare for the 2022-2023 football season
After finally having played a full football season, the new season is just around the corner. In just over a month, the KNVB Cup matches will start again, followed by all KNVB competitions.
But how can you optimally prepare for individual training? And which training materials can help you with your football and fitness training?
Before we start with our tips from Footballgadgets.shop, here are some common mistakes:
- Don't start 2 weeks before your first training! Building condition and strength take time and by starting 2 weeks in advance you will not be prepared in time. Make sure you start at least 4 weeks in advance, but it is of course even better if there are at least 6.
- Once a week is too little. Make sure there is consistency in your training, this means that you should train as often every week. So not once one week and 5 times the next. This way your body gets used to it and you become stable!
- Use functional exercises when working on your strength. Avoid strength equipment where you sit and only do exercises that also improve your core stability.
A few tips in a row
- Don't start like crazy. When you have taken a few weeks of rest in the summer, which of course can't hurt, it is important not to go over your top in the first week. Try to train longer and more intensively every week.
- Make yourself more explosive than your opponents. This is possible by using various ladders for agility training. Here you train your coordination, create faster footwork and develop more power, increasing your sprint speed and starting speed. The 2 in 1 Deluxe Elevation ladder can be a solution for your coordination, or the Agility Master 3 in 1 from Goalgetter can help you develop faster feet!
- When you start training with a training buddy, there are various exercises to train ball control, passing, condition and sprints. Using the SKLZ Acceleration Resistance Belt you train your starting speed in one of the best ways! Forward, behind or sideways. It can be used for all sprint directions so that you trigger different muscle groups. So that you become the fastest on the football field!
- In addition to your fitness and speed, ball control and passing must also be on point as in your previous football season. A football rebounder can be a good solution to train your assumption, timing and passing on the football field. In our collection of rebounders for football you can choose from different rebounders from different sports brands. Did you know that the Goalgetter Alpha 5 in 1 and the Quickplay Replay Station are the most popular football rebounders?